A couple months ago I came across what I thought an amazing opportunity. I had the choice to switch over from my job as the Restaurant/Food and Beverage Manager of a golf course to one of their Catering Events Coordinator. Some people may think of that as downgrading but as a 21 year old girl it sounded perfect. The majority of the events we do are weddings - averaging to about just over 100 per year. As you can see in my last post I am a sucker for Love, it fascinates me...so obviously I took it. After training for a few months I was assigned to weddings starting July, tonight July 10th being my first.
I was so surprised at how smoothly the day went even after a few little tedious moments and I wasn't even nervous at all. I was actually extremely excited and with that the wedding went smoothly and the bride and groom were happier then ever, I believe with even how little I know about them that they will be a couple that lasts. I could see it in their eyes. I am so proud of myself for working so hard and having my first wedding going very well it feels awesome, and I really enjoy it. Who knows maybe this is something I will do long term.
.....now to work on not crying at the weddings I coordinate ^_^

Good job Sophia! Glad your first wedding went off with out a hitch. Keep up the good work and keep learning. xo
ReplyDelete